Current TRUSTED work in progress
The latest stages being developed are intended to address a number of key operational issues and problems, which are considered a priority.
For example, the development of an effective CCTV equipment classification, supported by a Manufacturers 'Product' compliance Mark, to help Specifiers and End Users easily identify appropriate equipment for their needs.
More detailed information about the current stages of the TRUSTED CCTV Improvement Project:-
Whilst some aspects of the TRUSTED© project work are already either completed or at least nearing completion; subject to industry support, the full scope of the proposed "end to end" developments scheduled for 2011 and beyond, are briefly detailed below ....
• TRUSTED© Product Classification system, to concisely categorise a broad range of CCTV and IP Video equipment,
• TRUSTED© 'Product Compliance' Marks, customised for use on individual items of equipment at the point of manufacture,
• TRUSTED© 'Application Profiles' providing details on how to determine the most appropriate CCTV solution, for a particular situation,
• TRUSTED© 'Recorder' Performance Mark (evaluation and compliance certification) for operational Video Record systems,
• TRUSTED© assessments and performance completion Certification for installed CCTV equipment,
• TRUSTED© CCTV 'Notification' Marks & Signage, to help define operational objectives in a more open and transparent way,
• TRUSTED© ongoing Performance Evaluation documents, for routine assessment of equipment suitability and effectiveness,
• TRUSTED© Codes for use by a wide range of "stakeholders", from technology development through to Criminal Justice,
• TRUSTED© support and procedures for extracting / preparing CCTV "product" (recordings), for acceptable evidential use,
• TRUSTED© archive of downloadable Video Recorder Operation Manuals, to assist investigators in extracting recordings.
From time to time, additional topics may be introduced into the workflow, which could impact slightly on the estimated delivery schedule.
This dedicated TRUSTED© Project website is currently under development, and should be fully functional during 2012.
The UK's first "National CCTV Improvement Week" event took place on the 6th - 12th May 2012
© DoktorJon 2007 - 2012 - PLEASE NOTE: No material may be reproduced, copied or redistributed from this site without express written consent - E-mail: info[at]trustedcctv.com